The Helping Families Save Their Homes Act (H.R. 1106) has been passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and is now under consideration in the U.S. Senate. It is aimed at preventing mortgage foreclosures and enhancing mortgage credit availability.
The bill, and the concept of servicer safe harbor, also is now the subject of a free audio webcast and white paper from securitization litigation expert Talcott J. Franklin, co-author of two noted legal treatises on securitization from West.
In addition to Franklin, the webcast features:
- Aline van Duyn, U.S. Markets Editor, Financial Times
- Eric J. Brenner, partner, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Micah S. Green, partner, Patton Boggs LLP, and former President and CEO of The Bond Market Association
- Hamish P. M. Hume, partner, Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Katherine M. Porter, associate professor, The University of Iowa College of Law
The free webcast, titled The Next Scandal in the Credit Crisis, is available here.
The free white paper from Franklin, titled Mortgage Servicer Safe Harbor: A Legal and Policy Analysis, is here.
Franklin is the co-author of , Emergency Economic Stabilization Act Handbook and Mortgage and Asset Backed Securities Litigation Handbook, published by West Legalworks.
Posted by Kevin Hunt, senior communications specialist, Thomson Reuters